Articles on this Page
- 05/15/13--07:28: _FREE ReacTable Conc...
- 05/16/13--07:29: _Global Music Elite ...
- 05/16/13--11:21: _Destination Studio:...
- 05/16/13--12:41: _Nektar Releases Pan...
- 05/17/13--07:09: _Free Fridays! Fave ...
- 05/18/13--07:28: _Rain Launches 3rd G...
- 05/19/13--07:03: _9th Annual Brooklyn...
- 05/19/13--18:19: _Console Switch: How...
- 05/20/13--09:24: _Avid Demonstrates P...
- 05/20/13--14:56: _Blastwave FX Launch...
- 05/20/13--19:11: _Studio Convergence:...
- 05/25/13--08:03: _Blue Cat Audio Laun...
- 05/26/13--07:14: _2013 PARMA Music Fe...
- 05/27/13--08:26: _Arpeggionome for iP...
- 05/27/13--18:36: _Icons: Mick Guzausk...
- 05/28/13--13:37: _Sample Magic Launch...
- 05/29/13--08:27: _Vocal Focus: Tracki...
- 05/29/13--08:53: _Avid Announces Comp...
- 05/29/13--19:08: _Vintage King Nashvi...
- 05/30/13--10:39: _32 New Albums & Art...
- 05/16/13--07:29: Global Music Elite Gather in NYC for Phil Ramone Tribute
- 05/16/13--11:21: Destination Studio: Old Soul Studios, Catskill, NY
- 05/16/13--12:41: Nektar Releases Panorama P1 Control Surface
- 05/18/13--07:28: Rain Launches 3rd Generation Event Mini Audio Computer
- 05/20/13--09:24: Avid Demonstrates Pro Tools 11 in NYC, Thurs. May 23rd
- 05/20/13--14:56: Blastwave FX Launches Noizz – 1,001 Digital Glitches
- 05/20/13--19:11: Studio Convergence: The Pigeon Club Moves into Kaleidoscope Sound
- 05/25/13--08:03: Blue Cat Audio Launches Liny EQ 5.0 – Linear Phase Graphic EQ
- 05/28/13--13:37: Sample Magic Launches “Magic AB” Reference Plugin
- 05/29/13--08:27: Vocal Focus: Tracking Talib Kweli for “Prisoner of Conscious”
- 05/29/13--08:53: Avid Announces Compact S3L Live System
- 05/29/13--19:08: Vintage King Nashville Launches
Opportunities like this don’t come along every day.
Tonight, Wednesday May 15th, at 7 PM, may be your best chance to get up close and personal with the revolutionary electronic instrument ReacTable, via a FREE concert at NYC non-profit digital arts center Harvestworks.
The evening’s show is presented … Read More
How do you say goodbye to Phil Ramone?
Back in 1995, Kenny Siegal was living in New York City, working out of a personal studio in DUMBO, long before that neighborhood had turned into the chichi business district it is today.
His studio at the time was a subterranean lair, deep in the basement of 68 Jay Street, … Read More
Nektar is a hardware manufacturer that specializes in creating control surfaces that integrate specifically with Reason, Cubase and Nuendo. Their latest release of the Panorama P1 is all about having a streamlined workflow. Out of the box, the sleek and compact P1 gives users control of up to 61 parameters … Read More
Perusers of SonicScoop – the wait is over…along with the Summer weather, Free Fridays 12 has finally arrived!
Back for another installment of the beloved Freeware Fridays, we here at SonicScoop managed to fish up five exceptional freeware audio tools and instruments using only a piece of string, a rather … Read More
If audio is all or part of your day, then a computer purpose-built for the job makes plenty of sense.
The “B” borough will be brimming with beats before you know it.
Prepare for the 9th Annual Brooklyn Hip Hop Festival (BHF), happening from July 10th-13th with a powerful lineup lined up. Taking place once again in Brooklyn Bridge Park, tickets are now available for a great series which … Read More
Undoubtedly, the founders of one … Read More
Here’s a road show you’ll want to pull over for.
Avid is arriving in NYC this Thursday, May 23rd , for a live and in-person free demonstration of Pro Tools 11. It takes place … Read More
Ready to amuse your ears?
Then do them a favor and listen to the demo (see player below) of Blastwave FX’ newest sound effects library, named Noizz. A collection of 1,001 digital glitches (count ‘em), they’re optimal for music production, … Read More
In the music production world, convergence today is about more than just styles combining – it can also refer to studios coming together.
Audio engineering should be an elegant experience.
That belief is easy to see in the newly released Blue Cat Audio Liny EQ 5.0, which represents a complete rewrite of the French developer’s low latency linear phase EQ plugin.
Lots of plugins are capable of communicating information, but the attractive … Read More
An energetic wave of classical – from new to historic to experimental — is beaming out of the Northeast.
The iPhone continues to prove itself as an ideal host for fresh musical possibilities.
A highly intriguing development is the Arpeggionome for iPhone, which transforms the iPhone into a new and expressive musical instrument. In addition to the entrancing music it generates on its own, Arpeggionome (which stands for … Read More
Talk about being in the right place at the right time.
No, we don’t mean the moment Mick Guzauski got invited to engineer and mix the new chart-topping album by Daft Punk, Random Access Memories. We mean the countless sessions that the Grammy-winning audio pro worked setting up mics … Read More
It would be easier to think of who couldn’t use this tool.
The audio solution of which we speak is the new “Magic AB” referencing plugin from Sample Magic, which promises a fast new workflow for comparison listening. Designed to allow users to switch between the audio that … Read More
Talib Kweli kicks off Prisoner of Conscious with an outright lie: “I’m at a loss for words,” Talib Kweli declares in the intro for his fifth studio album – a statement that’s clearly contradicted by the 14 ensuing tracks.
Live sound engineers who have been craving even more of what Avid has to offer, looking for a solution with increased ease of use on the road but with studio workflow also firmly in mind, are going to take a keen interest in the newly unveiled S3L System.
Article Update:… Read More
Music City has a new place to lust for gear – and then take it home.
This sonic HQ is Vintage King Nashville, a retail store and demo studio established by new/vintage recording equipment retailer Vintage King Audio. Now open for business, the store follows in the footsteps … Read More