Articles on this Page
- 05/30/13--12:43: _The Best Noise Redu...
- 05/31/13--10:44: _Fall On Your Sword ...
- 06/01/13--08:26: _Line 6 Debuts Sonic...
- 06/02/13--07:57: _T.I.N.Y. Interactiv...
- 06/02/13--18:01: _Elements of Mixing ...
- 06/03/13--07:25: _Elysia Releases xfi...
- 06/04/13--06:12: _TC-Helicon Releases...
- 06/04/13--14:06: _Mixer Profile: Mann...
- 06/05/13--06:30: _Harrison Consoles A...
- 06/05/13--12:08: _Review: PSP SpringB...
- 06/06/13--10:34: _Audio School: Bouti...
- 06/06/13--13:49: _Event Choice: The L...
- 06/07/13--07:25: _IK Multimedia Relea...
- 06/08/13--07:44: _Plogue Releases Chi...
- 06/09/13--07:31: _Sonnox Launches Oxf...
- 06/09/13--20:32: _Sonic Science: Stud...
- 06/11/13--18:51: _Waves Launches RS56...
- 06/12/13--16:35: _The Mouse House: Lo...
- 06/12/13--20:04: _NYC Event Choice: S...
- 06/13/13--06:38: _The Northside Festi...
- 05/30/13--12:43: The Best Noise Reduction Plugins on the Market
- 06/03/13--07:25: Elysia Releases xfilter 500 – True Stereo EQ In 500-Series Format
- 06/04/13--06:12: TC-Helicon Releases Guitar Controlled ‘Harmony Singer’ Pedal
- 06/04/13--14:06: Mixer Profile: Manny Marroquin Mixes Everything
- 06/05/13--12:08: Review: PSP SpringBox and PianoVerb2
- 06/06/13--10:34: Audio School: Boutique Recording Programs and Workshops
- 06/06/13--13:49: Event Choice: The Love Machine Project EP Release – 6/13, DROM, NYC
- 06/07/13--07:25: IK Multimedia Releases iRig HD for iPhone, iPad and Mac
- 06/09/13--07:31: Sonnox Launches Oxford Limiter for AAX
- 06/12/13--16:35: The Mouse House: Lofty ‘Home Studio’ With A Big Sound
- 06/13/13--06:38: The Northside Festival — The “Local” in “Location”
The best way to deal with a troublesome noise is to avoid recording it in the first place. In a controlled environment, like a recording studio or a film set, you’re blessed with a quiet space, clean power and revealing monitors, so that isn’t too difficult to do.
But these … Read More
Audio post’s footprint continues to loom larger in Brooklyn. The latest developments are at the Williamsburg collective Fall On Your Sword (FOYS), which has firmly established itself as a full-service audio production and post facility with its latest moves.
Chief among them … Read More
The smallest audio interfaces are packing in more features than ever.
Line 6 has joined the small-space race with its new Sonic Port guitar system for iPod touch, iPhone and iPad. Although Line 6 has guitarists squarely in its sights for the diminutive audio interface, it has enough I/O connectivity … Read More
If sound is a part of your world, there’s a can’t-miss public art installation in NYC for the next two weeks.
The hardware manufacturer, Elysia, is known for boutique quality analogue audio tools and their latest endeavor follows that Class-A path with the xfilter 500. This flexible EQ’s compact frame is equipped with a slew of features that could make it a lasting addition to any pro audio facility.… Read More
TC-Helicon is widely known for specializing in creative vocal tools mostly in the stompbox format. Their latest release follows suit with the Harmony Singer. This pedal is about the size of a standard stompbox and features vocal processing effects and harmonizer that can be controlled directly from the user’s … Read More
In the last decade, as Manny Marroquin has been cranking out mixes for a growing client-base of pop stars, something has been stirring in the pop music world that is now in full effect. Sonically and stylistically, pop music has been hybridizing with artists embracing wide-ranging influences and sounds, mixing … Read More
If you’re not familiar with Harrison Consoles, here’s a quick history lesson: Bruce Swedien made Michael Jackson’s Thriller and BAD on a Harrison console. Paul Simon’s Graceland and sound for countless feature films have been mixed on Harrison consoles. And now, with its newly updated proprietary open-source DAW, Mixbus … Read More
PSP manages to pair incredibly high-quality processing with simple and thoughtful, yet powerful user … Read More
Back when I entered the audio program at SUNY Purchase around the turn of the millennium, a bachelor’s degree in “Studio Production” still seemed like something of a novel concept. Since then, enrollments for both 4-year and short-term programs in this once-niche market appear to have exploded nationwide.
Occasionally, engineers … Read More
Big voices in intimate rooms are a powerful combination. That’s exactly what’s on the way for NYC’s sonic thrill seekers on Thursday, June 13th, when the Love Machine Project celebrates its EP release at the East Village venue DROM at 7 PM.
For those of us who do not require an A/D instrument interface that comes with a bunch of extras, the iRig may be the new go-to … Read More
Plogue is an indie audio software developer based out of Montreal, Quebec, Canada. They present some creative options to the audio world and their new Chipcrusher plugin is no exception. Chipcrusher takes any incoming audio source and using DAC encoding, the plugin plays it back in a variety of retro … Read More
There’s one less limitation on Avid’s AAX format.
In other words, Sonnox announced it has launched the Oxford Limiter plugin for AAX. It is available in the Pro Tools HD-HDX + Native version for 295 Euro, or $382.41 at current exchange rates. The … Read More
Rob Harari is facing a very different kind of student body.
Standing in front of the newly minted music studio at the Stevens Institute of Technology – College of Arts and Letters (CAL) in Hoboken, Harari – the Technical Director of the CAL Music & Technology Program and an Associate … Read More
It’s comforting to know there are so many classic pieces of gear still to be emulated.
ALTADENA, CA: Monday morning at 11am is a great time to maneuver around L.A. The freeways leading in and out of the city are abnormally empty, rocketing me from downtown to Pasadena in under 20 minutes. From there it’s about another ten minutes straight up into the hills of Altadena.… Read More
What’s the true sound of summer? There are many muses on these warm nights, but here in NYC we heed the siren call of SteveStock.