Articles on this Page
- 04/28/13--18:57: _NYC Audio Post Re-E...
- 04/29/13--13:58: _Massey VT3 & CT5 Pl...
- 04/30/13--09:52: _Reggae in The Studi...
- 04/30/13--13:12: _Creative Media Desi...
- 05/01/13--07:43: _Review: Antelope Or...
- 05/01/13--15:21: _Ocean Way Launches ...
- 05/02/13--06:52: _Career Opportunity:...
- 05/02/13--12:04: _Tony Maserati & Bed...
- 05/02/13--13:10: _New Music Seminar A...
- 05/05/13--18:46: _Recording Sweet Spo...
- 05/06/13--09:22: _Stephen Arnold Musi...
- 05/06/13--15:25: _First Look: Univers...
- 05/07/13--09:01: _Universal Audio Lau...
- 05/07/13--09:52: _Universal Audio Rel...
- 05/07/13--17:27: _Film Soundtrack Spo...
- 05/13/13--07:48: _Aegean Music Launch...
- 05/13/13--13:03: _Harrison Debuts MPC...
- 05/13/13--19:28: _Elements of Mixing ...
- 05/14/13--07:13: _A.O.M. Releases tra...
- 05/15/13--06:17: _Review: ADAM F5 Stu...
- 04/28/13--18:57: NYC Audio Post Re-Energized: Harbor Sound Arrives
- 04/29/13--13:58: Massey VT3 & CT5 Plugins Ported to VST
- 04/30/13--13:12: Creative Media Design Adds Mixer/Sound Designer Bob Kirschner
- 05/01/13--07:43: Review: Antelope Orion 32, A Mixer’s Perspective
- 05/01/13--15:21: Ocean Way Launches New Studio C Production Room
- 05/02/13--13:10: New Music Seminar Announces 2013 NYC Conference – New Format & Venue
- 05/05/13--18:46: Recording Sweet Spot – Mother Brother Studios, Bridgeport, CT
- 05/06/13--09:22: Stephen Arnold Music Expands with New NYC Office
- 05/06/13--15:25: First Look: Universal Audio Apollo 16 Launch at VKLA
- 05/13/13--13:03: Harrison Debuts MPC5 Film Console
- 05/13/13--19:28: Elements of Mixing with Bassy Bob: Speeding up Remote Revisions
- 05/14/13--07:13: A.O.M. Releases tranQuilizer Graphic EQ Plugin
- 05/15/13--06:17: Review: ADAM F5 Studio Monitors
Something is taking shape in TriBeCa.
The vaunted film festival that carries the neighborhood’s name is going strong as always, but long after the screenings and schmoozing are over, notable film activity is going to keep right on rolling downtown – in an imaginative new form.
The VT3 ($69) is a 3-band equalizer with a crisp, unique sound. And the CT5 ($75) provides “clean and smooth gain reduction, with a little punch”.
The CT5 offers … Read More
In the late 1960’s, a genre emerged in Jamaica that would revolutionize the music industry forever. When Bob Marley laid down his anthem to Jamaica, “One Love,” who knew that reggae music would be where it is today — with the studio playing a major part in the … Read More
The NYC audio post action continues unabated.
Creative Media Design (CMD) is behind the latest development, announcing the hiring of Bob Kirschner as a full-time Mixer/Sound Designer. Bob Kirschner. A highly experienced audio post pro, he has taken up as … Read More
I started this review with a healthy amount of skepticism. Having owned a Lynx Aurora 16 AD/DA converter for many years, I couldn’t believe that the Antelope Orion 32 – a single rack unit device with twice the analog channels for the same price – could compete in terms of … Read More
Composers who are advancing their careers have a new audio HQ to aspire to: the just-unveiled Studio C production suite at Ocean Way Recording.
The Production Music Association (PMA) announced that, due to a recent promotion within the organization, it is now in search of a new Executive Director.
The position summary reads as follows: “The PMA is looking for an experienced professional … Read More
Bedrock.LA – the popular rehearsal and recording studio facility in Echo Park – has a new Brill Building-style studio complex in the works in L.A.’s K-Town. In an announcement made earlier this week, Bedrock has partnered with Grammy-winning mixer Tony Maserati and a real estate development company called Standard Oil … Read More
The New Music Seminar is returning once more to NYC, hitting Manhattan June 9-11.
Since the music industry is always evolving, it follows that NMS would do the same. The storied conference shifts from Webster Hall to a new … Read More
Connecticut isn’t often accused of being a cultural hotspot, but don’t underestimate the sonic steadfastness of the Nutmeg State.
A prolific creator of sonic branding and original music has just expanded its East Coast presence.
Last week, VKLA hosted the West Coast premier of Universal Audio’s new Apollo 16 interface, presented through a live demonstration by Fab Dupont and an interview with Universal Audio founder Bill Putnam, Jr.
There were rumors that this plugin existed – now it’s a fact.
Universal Audio (UA) has announced today the release of their newest plugin, which represents a highly advanced new approach to acoustic space emulation: the Ocean Way Studios dynamic room modeling plugin.
Universal Audio’s newly debuted UAD Software v7.0 is making a grand entrance.
Love and obsession – it’s a match made in cinematic heaven.
Get some BIG boxes inside your box.
The developers known as Aegean Music have launched Amp Vision, an ambitious new guitar tone shaper – you could call it an amp simulator, but that seems to sell this comprehensive plugin short. Designed to be a one-stop-shop within your DAW for … Read More
It’s not every day that a new large-format digital mixing console is officially unveiled to the world – but today just happens to be one of those days.
You know what I really hate? Revisions, revisions, revisions… Sometimes they go on for days. Endless prints, emails, lists of notes, confusion over which version were talking about. You get the picture?
Recently I found a really elegant solution to this vexing problem that has increased my efficiency with revisions … Read More
Alchemically Organized Music, or A.O.M., is a Tokyo-based developer that has a few interesting, quality plugins already out – their latest being the tranQuilizer. TranQuilizer is a feature-rich plugin that most will find useful for, but not limited to, mastering applications. If the quality of this plugin is … Read More
I mix quite a bit for film and TV where dialogue is king. For those projects, I like monitors that put the human speaking voice front and center. Many consumer TV’s, flat screens, laptops, tablets, and the rest favor the voice at the expense of other things to support dialogue … Read More