Articles on this Page
- 04/14/13--19:54: _Mix Analysis: How D...
- 04/15/13--09:23: _Film Music Event: “...
- 04/15/13--13:46: _Sample Logic Launch...
- 04/15/13--19:21: _Review: RayBlaster ...
- 04/16/13--08:05: _Allen & Heath Debut...
- 04/17/13--04:06: _Beyond the Basics: ...
- 04/17/13--10:17: _Korg Announces Anal...
- 04/18/13--05:52: _Nashville Analog Re...
- 04/18/13--11:34: _Session Buzz: Who’s...
- 04/19/13--07:54: _Remix Your Brand La...
- 04/19/13--11:20: _Inside Coachella: A...
- 04/20/13--07:58: _SSL Debuts Sigma – ...
- 04/20/13--19:32: _Heavyocity Launches...
- 04/21/13--17:46: _Rehearsal + Recordi...
- 04/22/13--07:42: _PSP Audioware Launc...
- 04/22/13--20:44: _Smarter in Sixty Se...
- 04/23/13--07:39: _Audient Debuts iD22...
- 04/25/13--09:58: _Waves Launches GEQ ...
- 04/27/13--07:39: _SPL Debuts Crimson ...
- 04/28/13--08:36: _Sync Summit NY Take...
- 04/15/13--19:21: Review: RayBlaster Virtual Synth from Tone2 – by Gabriel Lamorie
- 04/17/13--04:06: Beyond the Basics: Harmonic Motion and the Root of All Music
- 04/18/13--11:34: Session Buzz: Who’s Recording In & Around NYC – A Monthly Report
- 04/19/13--11:20: Inside Coachella: A Booking Agent’s Perspective
- 04/22/13--07:42: PSP Audioware Launches SpringBox — Spring Reverb Plugin for Mac/PC
- 04/22/13--20:44: Smarter in Sixty Seconds: The Beggar At The Side Of The Road
- 04/25/13--09:58: Waves Launches GEQ – Classic and Modern Graphic EQ
- 04/27/13--07:39: SPL Debuts Crimson USB Audio Interface, Controller
Ready to see how music-to-picture is written – live and in real-time?
New GUI, strengthened organization, and enhanced LFO’s within the Kontakt platform – sounds like a direct pathway to new ideas.
If any of you SonicScoopers have played with a synthesizer before (odds are yes, yes you have) then the words “Subtractive Synthesis” should ring a bell or two. This popular form of synthesis is one employed by a majority of synthesizers on the market today from the hardware to the … Read More
Compact mixers are packing more and more into their svelte frames.
The latest arrival on the scene is from Allen & Heath, which just unveiled the highly attractive Qu-16 compact digital mixer. Designed for studio, live, and fixed installation applications, it provides a wealth of I/O and processing … Read More
Music is a rare kind of art form that is made entirely out of vibration. It’s at once both ephemeral and yet inherently physical. We will never be able to reach out and grab it in our hands, but it certainly touches us in the most literal sense of that … Read More
Korg is marking it’s 50th anniversary right!
Pioneers of powerful and compact music tools, Korg has now added the Volca series to the mix. The Volca Series includes the analogue Volca Beats, Volca Bass and Volca Keys. These nostalgia-packed tools look to be incredibly popular among first time analogue owners … Read More
Talk to Welcome to 1979 founder and engineer/producer Chris Mara, and you’ll be at least momentarily convinced (or reminded) that everything was better before the clock struck 1980.
GREATER NYC AREA: We’re all over the local and musical map in this month’s epic Session Buzz, as we trace recordings by the likes of Yoko Ono, Talib Kweli, John Zorn, MGMT, Wale, Hole, Okkervil River, The Joy Formidable and more back to their studio sessions. Find out where several … Read More
There are generalists, and then there are specialists – the newly launched NYC music licensing company Remix Your Brand definitely qualify as the latter.
Co-founded by music producer Matt Nelson, and Tom Hinton (also known as DJ … Read More
Next time you’re in the center of a music festival like Coachella, take a careful look around – there just may be Agents in your midst.
Summing is not sitting still.
The latest addition to this competitive space is the SSL Sigma, a new “mix engine” that combines SSL SuperAnalogue summing with all the convenience and control that comes with DAW mix automation. For those in search of the SSL console sound while staying in … Read More
Synth lovers are on a roll, with tempting new options coming out a fast rate these days.
A particularly significant new arrival is Heavyocity’s AEON, a highly compelling new collection of deeply-sampled melodic instruments, cutting-edge tonal loops, and epic one-shots for composers and adventurous producers alike.
Get ready to totally rethink what a rehearsal studio can do.
Replay Music Studios, in NYC’s West Village, has an idea that a rehearsal studio can be a lot of things. Founded by drummer/child therapist/social worker John Rubin, the vision behind it is to offer musicians of all ages … Read More
Here’s a beautiful start for your in-the-box adventures this week.
A painstaking re-creation of the moving coil reverb units … Read More
Every now and again you read something that speaks so profoundly to you that it stops you in your tracks.
It grabs hold of your soul and whispers in your ear, “I am the truth. Ignore me at your peril.… Read More
Those small packages are bringing better and better things.
Audient has just debuted its new iD22 recording interface to demonstrate that fact. Not only is it easy on the eyes and big on ergonomics, but it packs a lot of functionality – and audio quality — into a compact space. … Read More
WARNING: The following news item contains graphic images.
Fortunately, the content is still safe for work – Waves has announced the launch of GEQ, a full-featured graphic equalizer plugin with both Classic and Modern mono and stereo components. In keeping with the spirit of graphic EQs the specs are … Read More
The newest audio interface is going to make you see red – and hear it.
Always-intriguing German manufacturer SPL devised this crafty device of which we speak: Crimson, a USB audio interface and controller that appears to pack a great deal of high-level features into a relatively cost-effective package. … Read More